Adam T. Arnesen
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- BS Electrical Engineering – 2009, GPA: 3.66/4.0
- MS Computer Engineering – 2011, GPA: 3.88/4.0
- ECEn 620 – Advanced Digital Logic Design
- ECEn 621 – Computer Arithmetic
- ECEn 625 – Synthesis and Optimization of Digital Circuits
- ECEn 629 – Reconfigurable Computing Systems
- ECEn 682 – Medical Imaging Signals & Systems
- ECEn 550 – MEMS
- ECEn 522R – Computer System Reliability
- ECEn 451 – Digital VLSI
- ECEn 427 – Embedded Systems
- ECEn 450 – Semiconductor Devices
- ECEn 452 – Experiments in IC Development
Work and Other Experience
- Staff Software Engineer at National Instruments (Apr’11 – Present)
- Developing advanced compiler software for the LabVIEW FPGA Platform.
- Recruiting and interviewing college graduates and students for intern and full-time positions.
- Working with industry and academic partners as part of the NSF Center for High Performance Reconfigurable Computing (CHREC)
- Research Assistant at BYU Configurable Computing Lab (Nov ’07 – Apr’11)
- Developed automatic interface and timing synthesis tools for software radio.
- Researched and developed XML schema for describing temporal behavior of IP cores.
- Participated in NSF Center for High Performance Reconfigurable Computing (CHREC) including presentations in annual and semi-annual meetings.
- Software Engineer III – Intern at National Instruments (May ’10 – Apr’11)
- Developed and prototyped cutting-edge compiler technology for LabVIEW FPGA.
- Executive Board Member and Webmaster at Student-Provo City Alliance (July ’09 – June ’11)
- Participated in writing incorporation documents to obtain legal non-profit status.
- Designed and maintained website.
- Produced and published voter guide for municipal elections including video.
- Full-time Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (May ’04 – May ’06)
- Worked daily teaching in the Tagalog language
- Built a statistics collection and analysis tool as Assistant to the President.
- Supervised and regularly trained 200 other missionaries.
- A. Arnesen, “Increasing Design Productivity for FPGAs Through Intellectual Property Reuse and Meta-Data Encapsulation,” M.S. Thesis, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 2011
- N. Rollins, A. Arnesen, and M. Wirthlin, “An XML schema for Representing Reuable IP Cores for Reconfigurable Computing,” in Proceedings of the National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON 2008), July 2008. (Available Here)
- A. Arnesen, N. Rollins, and M. Wirthlin, “A Multi-Layered XML Schema and Design Tool for Reusing and Integrating FPGA IP,” in 19th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL 2009), August 2009. (Available Here)
- A. Arnesen, K. Ellsworth, D. Gibelyou, T. Haroldsen, J. Havican, M. Padilla, B. Nelson, M. Rice, M. Wirthlin, “Increasing Design Productivity Through Core Reuse, Meta-Data Encapsulation, and Synthesis,” Proc. of 20th International Conference on Field-Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL 2010), September 2010. (Available Here)
- A. Arnesen, “Meta-data and Interface Synthesis Techniques for Improving Design Productivity in Reconfigurable Computing,” in proceedings of the Rocky Mountain NASA Space Grant Consortium, May 2010. (Available Here)
- A. Arnesen,“Meta-Data-Enabled Reuse of Dataflow IntellectualProperty for FPGAs,”in proceedings of the Rocky Mountain NASA Space Grant Consortium,May 2011 (Available Here)
Special Skills and Technical Qualifications
- LabVIEW (FPGA)
- VHDL and Verilog
- C# and .NET
- Java Programming
- IP-XACT and extensions
- XML/XML Schema
- Xilinx ISE
- Matlab and Simulink
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Certified Novell Administrator (NW5)
- Read, Write, and Speak Tagalog (Filipino)
Honors and Awards
- Rocky Mountain NASA Space Grant Fellowship – $2000 / semester
- IEEE Student Paper Competition 3rd Place Mountain Region
- Eagle Scout – 3 palms
- National Merit Scholar
- 2002 American Legion Boys’ Nation Senator
Volunteer and Extra Curricular Experience
- IEEE BYU Student Branch Chair
- BYU Men’s Chorus and Concert Choir (5 years)
- Lifetime Church Service
- BSA Engineering Merit Badge Counselor
- Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair Judge
- Future City Competition Judge
- BSA Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster
A PDF of my resume is available here.
Last updated: 1-6-14